Tuesday 8 April 2014

Still kicking

No pictures


So I am still here and still painting although not as prolific as late due to home and work commitments.
However I have picked up the paint brush and a few more books etc!

Since Jan this year, I have:

Bought the Limited Edition Knight Codex and Companion

Nearly completed 2 Imperial Knights. These are aligned to the Mechanicum and have joined the Warp Runners Legio to match the Reaver and Warhound I have already finished. The background (although focusses on Houses and Freeblades) does actually include scenarios where Knights have been deployed in support of Mechanicum requirements and in some circumstances change their allegiance and become full on Mechanicum Legio Knights. This fits perfectly well for me, so expect to see a pair of them shortly.

I have just pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of the Heresy Book 3 Extermination and am looking forward to completing the Istvaan series. I am particularly excited as this one contains the Imperial Fists. Hopefully the Legion models, Primarch and so on will follow on pretty soon so I can add them to my Fist army!

Been reading a couple of 40k novels from BL as well. Finally finished The Primarchs and now am on Fear To Tread. Pretty exciting reading the interaction between Horus and Sanguinius given that we know what happens on the Battle Barge over Terra only a few years on from this setting.

Just downloaded the iBooks version of Militarum Tempestus. Its quite a good concept although I am not sure why all of a sudden the Imperial Guard have been rebranded this year to Astra Militarum. Oh well, onwards and upwards! Looking forward to seeing the bigger Guard Codex this weekend and seeing what goodies are in there.

I have not managed to get to any events of late though, missed out on going to the recent WHW Campaign and won't be attending Battle Brothers. I am sure I will get to and event soon enough though, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment