Friday 1 June 2012

Whats in a name?


So why "Haywiregrenade". Umm no tricky thing here really, its my username on all the forums that I frequent!

The obvious thing is that it is a piece of wargear that is found in Eldar armies that causes electomagnetic disruption on enemy vehicles.

Originally when I first ventured on to the forums after GW disbanded their own, I was known as Krak Grenade. The reason being that I played Space Wolves exclusively as my only army after a 10 year hiatus from the hobby as I got educated and started my working life.

Back then a Krak Grenade was a paid for item of wargear that was basically never taken. By anyone. So it was a useless piece of crap. I felt that was appropriate! Not that I was a useless piece of crap, I guess it was ironic. Now of course every Marine never leaves home without them as they are free and included in the models profile.

Once back as a fully fledged nerd, I started an Eldar army. Iyanden, for the yellow challenge! 6 years later and I now have amassed thosands (about 12k-14k painted at last guestimate) and as such switched to Haywiregrenade to reflect my new found love of things with pointy ears and low toughness.

No comments:

Post a Comment