Tuesday 23 October 2012

Double posting day!


So, now that you have pictures to look at in todays update (and for some reason you do not frequent the ForgeWorld Facebook page, the SWC forum, the Tempus Fugitives, or Warseer) you can see whats been done for the last few weeks :) A labour of love as is most larger models, and suitably Heresy era grime infested - but subtly less grimy than any of the IF Flyers I have done for fear of them not being airworthy.

So what else is happening in my hobby world?
Right now on the desk is the makings of a GK Draigo Wing. 20 Paladins, Draigo, Librarian Terminator and 3 Dreadknights are being assembled still. So far, 13 Terminators, both Characters and a Dreadknight are built. The rest will be done over the next 2 weeks or so I guess. Then it will be a mass prime session followed by a group base coat session with the airbrush before I look at the marvellously detailed GK painting guide provided by my mate Garfy over at the Tale of Painters blog site. I shall be drawing heavily from this, although the GK iconography for this force will be taken from the Tempus Fugitives Orange and Blue scheme rather than the common white and red we have all seen from the 'Eavy Metal team and Codex.

Additionally, I also have a Storm Talon that has been kicking around since it was released...yes I am a sucker for buying new shiny things like most hobby doers. I have nigh on finished this one though, just the pilot, weathering, canopy and base to complete.

Before the paint has even dried, I have put in a new order to FW this week for a few new things.
First up are 10 Cataphractii Terminators and a mix of weapon sets. This is my Christmas present from the wife to me for this year, so will not be able to work on these until the new year (after my amazing holiday to the Maldives of course!!)
To go with that I have got the Heresy book coming my way as well.
And just a small addition, I have ordered a Mars Warhound Titan with Turbo Laser and Plasma Blaster options....Finally a proper super heavy to add to my Imperial forces when the time for the big games is available/ Need to work on what Titan Legion to draw inspiration from so I can work on colour schemes for it. I know this is going to be hard work, I hear the leg pistons are a bitch, and the moulds are a bit old and thus resin leakage and so on means lots of prep work, cutting, sanding, filling etc will be required. Still, I am always up for a challenge. And of course it will be right here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment